Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hidden Food Gem

If you have never driven through the Texas Panhandle or have never lived there, then you have missed out on one of the greatest hidden food gems in the world.  What is it?  It is called the "Allsup's Burritio".  On our drive to McKinney today I stopped in the big city of Memphis, Tx and bought myself a an Allsup's Burrito.  It goes best with two pack's of Hot Sauce and of course, a cold Dr. Pepper.  Words cannot truly describe the taste as it is just one of those things that you have to personally experience.  As I drove down the road today, I experienced a bit of heaven on earth.  (Hey, I never  said I was completely normal).  Guten Appetit!!!

4 comments:

Jerry said...

Doakster,
It was great to hear from you. About a month ago I went on a web search for you and so it freaked me out when you commented on my blog.

Email me at pastorjerry@piedmontchurch.net and lets talk.

Will and Taylor said...

That's disgusting.

NonModern said...

Oh, man! It has been years since I had a mid-night Allsup's burrito run! Of course, it always tended to have an adverse effect on the morning. Consider me eating my heart out.

The Missional Position said...

Allsup's Burritos are haut cuisine in North Texas. When I was a youth pastor in Nocona, TX I lived on them and so did most of the boys in my youth group.

Sometimes they turn out to be "gut busters" though. Liking the blog.