Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Who Gets to Narrate the World

I do not ever do this, but I want to recommend a book to you.  In a day where there are in my opinion to many Christian Books that espouse ministry philosophies, Emergent Church, and books with Christian Labels that are really no more that "self-help", etc., etc., I have an exception to the vast array of books that don't challenge and call us to live with passion. 
If you are in ministry in what is known as the West, mainly, I am writing to those in Europe and the US, you need to go out today and buy a book entitled, "Who Gets To Narrate the World?" by Robert Webber.  It is 137 pages of truth about where we are in the West and what is needed.  
I read a lot and I have not read anything more significant for those in ministry in the West than this book in a long long time.
If you are not in full-time ministry, get this book and call your church, Life Group, family, Sunday School class to be the ones who engage culture with the gospel. 
Get this book and get it today. 

No comments: