Saturday, January 1, 2011

My Hopes for the New Year

Now that 2011 has come, I have this prayer for my life. My prayer comes from this passage in Luke 24:13-15 - "That very day two of them were going to a village named Emmaus, about seven miles from Jerusalem, and they were talking with each other about all the things that had happened. While they were talking and discussing together, Jesus himself drew near and went with them".

These are the prayers for my life as 2011 begins:
1. Movement - I want to be moving forward, going somewhere - into cities, villages, and homes.
2. Walking with Deep Spiritual Companions - I am tired of having petty conversations that have nothing to do with Jesus and His Kingdom with petty people who think only of their little kingdoms.
3. Conversations about the Spirit's Movement - (Luke 24:14ff) These two men centered their conversations about all the events of the preceding days concerning Jesus and His work.
4. Walking with Nearness of Jesus - As they talked Jesus drew near and He went with them. I don't want to do anything or go anywhere this year if it includes anything where He is not.
5. Full Understanding of the Heart of the Gospel - The two men still had some confusion and doubt about all of the events of the previous days and it kept them from fully seeing. I don't doubt the heart of the gospel, but it is not always as front and center as it needs to be. This too, keeps me from fully seeing what God is doing and wants to do.
6. A Heart that Burns within from Opening of the Scriptures - After they realized it was Jesus, this is what they said "...Did not our hearts burn within us while he talked with us on the road, while he opened to us the scriptures?"
7. A Life that Tells the Story to Others - (Luke 24:33-35) The world is lost and needs those with burning hearts to tell the story.

Those are the 7 prayers I have as 2011 opens. I pray that God grows a Big Life in me this year.

No comments: