Friday, December 21, 2012

What If the World Had Ended? What then?

Well, I woke up this morning and I guess you did as well since you are reading this.  I guess we are relieved, but should we, since this is not really our home.  It is the land of our sojourn.  So, I had some thoughts about what if the world had ended.  What would that mean for us?  Well here are some thoughts:


We Would Have Been Changed  - I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. 1 Corinthians 15:50-52
We would have seen Him as He is and been just like Him  - Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.   1 John 3:2
We would be where He is forever  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.   John 14:3
We would have seen the Holy City  And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.  Revelation 21:2
We would have experienced the great "No Mores"  He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” Revelation 21:4

I could go on and on.  Honestly, while I love my family, church, and friends.  I feel like Paul did in Philippians, "I am hard pressed between the two. My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better".  Philippians 1:23 ESV.  So, if were to all end, for we who know and love Jesus, we step into a new life beyond our imagination.

Not a bad future that awaits us.




No comments: