Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Getting Somewhere

The public transportation in our city went on strike today.  The only way you could get somewhere today was on foot or car.  That seems logical and sensible except when half the city takes the public transportation, it throws a few things off.  It took me 1 and 1/2 hours to come back home today from taking Holden, which is normally just a 30 minute drive.  The strike forced more cars on the streets and highways and clogged up the whole region.  Life can be that way as well.  It seems that when something major we depend on or take for granted is taken away, it throws our life into chaos.  We want the normal routine, but life is never really that way.  We get sick, someone dies, a car breaks down, we lose our keys, or something with a child happens.  Life is constant and it is uncertain.  That is why we need a Redeemer, a Father, and a Shepherd.  There is only one place, one person, and one relationship that brings certainty in a world of uncertainty - JESUS.  I am learning better what Paul learned and wrote for our benefit in Philippians 4.  Read them carefully, "Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.  I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound.  In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.  I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
Getting somewhere is really being found in him.  It is the only vehicle in which we can do life and get somewhere.  Life changes, Jesus does not.  So, that's why I am going with him, wherever he goes.

No comments: