Thursday, July 17, 2008

An Ice Cream Booth

Ice Cream reconnected us.  The last 5 weeks of our lives have been so busy that as a family we have not had a chance to look into one another’s faces.  That all changed last night.  We had planned to go to “Wonderland Park” Amusement Park but the line was so large that we decided against it once we were in the parking lot.  Since we were nearby my first youth ministry job, we drove by and showed the kids Pleasant Valley Baptist Church.  Let me tell you this, the kids loved that so much. (read much sarcasm there).  From there we went to Kaleidiscoops and had Ice Cream instead.  The Ice Cream was good, but the community tasted better.  We squeezed into one booth and laughed, ate, looked at one another.  I love my family and am blessed to have such great children and the best wife in the world.  An Ice Cream Booth reminded me of that again.  I pray we all treasure our family today.  It is the first place we experience community.

No comments: